Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments at christopher.gajda@yahoo.com

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Concert at the Ilko Art Gallery

Saturday November 8 there was another benefit concert to raise money for the restoration of thatched roofs at the Museum of Folk Architecture. This concert was held at the Ilko Art Gallery, and featured the "Hych Orchestra".  Rather than walk, I took a taxi from Petefi Square. This turned out to be a good choice, as the Ilko Gallery is at the top of a very long, steep hill.

Art on display:











I wasn't very excited about seeing the HYCH Orchestra; I had seen some of their YouTube videos. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the Lemko Bluegrass Band would also be playing. 








Friday, at the concert in the Cafe Under the Castle, I had met Hannah Bittner, an American who was teaching English at the "Life English" school. "Life English" is in the same building as "LT Language" school where I had been volunteering. Hannah was there with some of her adult students, Russian-speaking Ukrainians from Donbas. Even though they were Russian-speaking, they had no desire to live under Russian rule. 


No comments:

Post a Comment