Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments at christopher.gajda@yahoo.com

Friday, October 3, 2014

Little Ukrainian Monsters


this morning Steve and Tina Kutchman stopped by to get me and go to bazaar. Talking to them, I learned that Father Pavlo took them to the Horjani Rotunda, and they got to go inside. I also learned that since the day I was there, and archaeological dig has been started, uncovering an ancient wall or foundation. Also learned that just beyond the cemetery is an old pagan cemetery; obviously the site chosen for the Rotunda was because this site was always considered sacred. I'm going to have to go back. I also added a link to Steve and Tina's blog; they've also had interesting experiences in Ukraine.

Rain again today, so couldn't do much. Rain again tomorrow. Went back to the English School for class with the little 8 year old monsters. I had an idea to make a video of them; I thought it might make them behave and concentrate more on English. I think it just made them worse. I made a short video to upload to YouTube. Keep in mind that today there were only three monsters; most days Marina has 6 or more. (Marina and I only call them monsters jokingly; they're really very funny). Marina said that in the summer, at English language camp, she would have the same group of children for an entire day.

I missed recording some of the funniest things they kids were saying, but this 5 minute video will give you some idea of what spending an hour with these monsters is like:

Little Ukrainian Monsters




No comments:

Post a Comment