Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments at christopher.gajda@yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chaslivtsi Orphanage

Wednesday - Pavel Blanar came and picked me up; took me to the orphanage in Chaslivtsi where he works as psychiatrist.  All of the children in the orphanage have various mental disabilities. They are taught different arts and crafts. I'm learning how to post photo's. (check earlier posts again; I'll go back and add photos when I get time). Below are some examples:



and some of the children:









There is a small forest at the orphanage that has some trees which are 500 years old. There was one really huge stump:



Paul told me that the government doesn't give them enough money for the orphanage, so they depend upon donations. Corvalis is a sister city, and helps a lot.

On the way home we stopped at an Orthodox Church built several years ago by a wealthy contrabandist who is now in prison in France for cigarette smuggling. Church is in a very distinctive style, but beautiful inside:




The pews are really unique:











No comments:

Post a Comment