Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments at christopher.gajda@yahoo.com

Thursday, September 11, 2014

MICROSOFT IDIOCY

Is there anyone at Microsoft with the common sense of a 5 year old???????

First those idiots developed Windows 8.

Now I'm learning that Windows Sound Recorder is even WORSE!!!!!

I made the mistake of using Windows Sound Recorder to record Choir practice of the Dravtsi Church Choir. I wanted to make a video, and post on YouTube. I started with Windows Movie Maker; added photos for slideshow - no problem. Try to add audio - BIG PROBLEM. Sound Recorder doesn't communicate with any other program. In fact, you can't even LOCATE Sound Recorder files anywhere on the computer. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MICROSOFT, YOU IDIOTS.

If anyone out there can help me transfer audio files from Sound Recorder to Movie Maker, I would be eternally grateful.

********************************************************************************
Last fall, as I was planning this trip, I tried to find Ukrainian language lessons for my computer. There isn't anything available for Windows, except Rosetta Stone, and I didn't feel like paying $500 for a program I didn't know if I would like or not.

As luck would have it, I stumbled upon Amazon "Apps for Android" site; they have tons of FREE Ukrainian language programs for Android devices! There's even a program for only $9.99 which does automatic voice translation in 50 languages, with an internet connection.

I bought a cheap $50 Android tablet to try these programs out. I LOVE IT. I can actually do more with my cheap little tablet than I can with my $700 Windows laptop. There are millions of apps for Android, most either free or very low cost. The only downside is that here in Ukraine, their 3G broadband dongles are not compatible with Android, so I must depend upon Wi-Fi signals. If I were able to connect with a dongle, I'd only use my Android tablet, and throw my Windows laptop in the Uzh River.

*********************************************************************************
I just downloaded "Audacity", a FREE open source recording program that is a thousand times better than MS Sound Recorder. Let's me do everything I want, plus. Has lots of effects, generators, analyzers, can overdub, can do all kinds of things you would expect in a professional studio. And it is very easy and intuitive to use.



No comments:

Post a Comment