Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments at christopher.gajda@yahoo.com

Friday, September 26, 2014

Went to dentist in Uzhgorod

Wednesday, I went to the dentist in Uzhgorod. Before I left the States, I had a root canal done on a tooth, and need to have the tooth crowned. In America, that would cost $800. Here, I can get it done for $40. I went and saw Vasyl Rusyn's son, Vitaly. I've been told he has advanced degrees in Dentistry, and also teaches at the University. So far, everything I've seen in the dental office looks just like in America, with the exception that there were two dental chairs in each room, instead of a single room for each patient. Vitaly prepped the tooth, and I have to come back for impressions.



Later in the day, I went to the English School for several of Maryna's classes. The first was a group of boys about 10; we took them to a get pizza. Found out two of the boys had been to America - one to Chicago and the other to New York, and one had been to Toronto Canada.





The next class was with the 8 year old boys, the monsters. No new photos there. After that, there was a class with 7-8 year old girls, very well mannered compared to the boys.




When I got back to Klara's, Misha had harvested all the squash and pumpkins from the field. 


Since I've got a bad case of the flu, this is a short post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment